Anger Management Counselling Help
CONNECT WITH GO-TO COUNSELLOR ROHAN WATSON
Feel Supported and Get Solutions for Life’s Problems
Rarely is life all smooth sailing. Everyone has their own struggles. Admitting your life isn’t perfect may be scary or even sad. But you don’t have to journey alone. Feeling supported and discovering solutions for managing and overcoming anger with the help of an experienced counsellor can be your turning point that restores you to a richer, happier and more purposeful life.
Let’s explore real solutions. I offer a private, confidential and caring setting for people in the Toowoomba region who seek to learn strategies and skills to lead anger-free lives. I believe each person’s emotional response to life’s situations and circumstances is uniquely complex. This is why I draw on a diversity of counselling methods to tailor an approach that best meets the distinctive needs of each client. By working together openly and in agreement about how to reach the goals important to you, the foundation will be set for successful therapy. Call today to enquire or make an appointment.
Rohan Watson MACA MIAAN
Anger Management Therapy
Having a feeling of anger in response to a physical or psychological threat is an experience normal to virtually everyone. But living frustrated and frequently feeling angry is unhealthy. For both men and women it can bring on other feelings of shame, guilt and depression. It can lead to alienation of family members, friends and colleagues.
Anger Management Counselling programs have shown to be an effective way of learning to process angry feelings safely and constructively. Life becomes happier, healthier and more fulfilling when you take control over habitual anger and master the skills to regulate your emotions.
Success of an Anger Management Program requires a commitment to the full course of therapy which is usually at least six sessions. You’ll learn to identify triggers causing anger and stress, adopt new patterns of behaviour, express yourself better and improve your relationships with others. As well, the program has helped many people gain greater clarity, helped their parenting effectiveness, enhanced feelings of self-respect and given them a more positive outlook on life.
How to Get the Best Help from Counselling
- Timing is Everything! Get help early.
- Cooperate. Be responsive and cooperative with your therapist and you’ll find the experience a more satisfying and supportive approach in meeting and fulfilling your goals.
- Really Listen! Let go of your own agenda. Listening is ‘wanting to hear’. Ultimately, your counsellor is guiding you to reach your own decisions that are important to you and in the best interests of the goals you want to pursue.
- Openness. Be open-minded with a willingness to learn. Embrace counselling, don’t begrudge it. For change to happen, it first requires a deeper understanding of what it is that needs to change.
- Honesty. Be real. Take off your mask. Be transparent and truthful. Own your attitudes and actions.
- Find Positives. Acknowledge the positives. Seek to find a silver-lining even when life isn’t easy.
- Continue as long as it takes. Avoid putting a time-line on therapy. Resolutions may come quickly but sometimes it takes longer. Your self-care is about the most important investment you ever make and is the foundation for health, wellbeing, and a brighter future.
Get Help Today!
When anger is impacting your everyday life, then without professional help, there can be a rippling effect that may flow-on to impact family members and other relationships,
finances, housing arrangements and careers. Timing really is everything, so get the help you need today.
Get in Touch
Let us help you with appointment or therapy enquiries. Simply use the contact form below and you’ll be responded to promptly.
ROHAN WATSON is a member of the Australian Counselling Association and a general member of the International Association of Applied Neuroscience. He holds qualifications in Psychology, Counselling and Education from Monash University and USQ. As a Psychotherapist, Counsellor and Mental Health Researcher, Rohan is dedicated to helping unlock the potential in people to live life happily and more purposefully. His Toowoomba Counselling & Coaching service provides specialist wellbeing help to people from all walks and seasons of life by phone, video or face-to-face, both nationally and internationally.
Rohan has facilitated and delivered mental health programs across rural and remote Australia and he provides professional psychotherapy services to employees at all levels nationally through EAP based services. He is a particularly sought-after and highly skilled Marriage Counsellor and Relationship Counselling specialist. Rohan also has a special interest in the online delivery of mental wellness programs. His current research is focusing on early intervention mental wellbeing in the workplaces of Australian SMEs. Learn more.