Anger Management Counselling Help
Feel Supported and Get Solutions for Managing Anger
Everyone has their own struggles. Life is rarely all smooth sailing. Admitting your life isn’t perfect may sometimes feel scary or sad. But you don’t have to journey alone. Finding genuine support and discovering real solutions for managing and controlling anger with the help of an experienced counsellor, can be difference-making. It is often a turning point for enjoying a healthier, happier and more purposeful life.
Connect with GO-TO Counsellor Rohan Watson
Let’s explore real solutions. I offer a private, confidential and caring setting for people in the Toowoomba region who seek to learn strategies and skills to manage and control anger. I believe each person’s emotional response to life’s situations and circumstances is uniquely complex. That’s why I draw on a diversity of counselling methods to tailor an approach that best meets the distinctive needs of each client. By working together openly and in agreement about how to reach the goals important to you, the foundation will be set for successful therapy. Call today to enquire or make an appointment.
Rohan Watson MACA MIAAN
Anger Management Therapy
Having a feeling of anger in response to a physical or psychological threat is a familiar experience to almost everyone. But living frustrated with frequent angry feelings, is unhealthy. Some downsides may include bringing on a sense of shame or guilt, or be associated with depression. It might also result in rocky relationships with family members, friends and colleagues.
Anger Management Therapy has shown to be an effective way of learning to process angry feelings safely and constructively. With counselling help, it is possible to master skills and strategies to better regulate your emotions. This offers an important step towards managing and controlling anger and making it easier to navigate relationships and everyday life.
Getting the most from Anger Management therapy requires a commitment to wanting to become the best version of yourself. Our therapists are dedicated to helping clients expertly, respectfully and confidentially. You’ll learn to identify triggers causing anger and stress, adopt new patterns of behaviour, discover how to express yourself better, and improve the way you relate to other people. Participants complete a focused one-on-one course of sessions recommended by the therapist. Benefits typically include learning to manage emotionally charged thoughts and feelings, gain greater clarity of purpose, improve parenting effectiveness, enjoy healthier relationships, and have a more positive outlook on life.
How to Get the Best Help from Counselling
- Timing is Everything! Get help early.
- Cooperate. Be responsive and cooperative with your therapist and you’ll find the experience a more satisfying and supportive approach in meeting and fulfilling your goals.
- Really Listen! Let go of your own agenda. Listening is ‘wanting to hear’. Ultimately, your counsellor is guiding you to reach your own decisions that are important to you and in the best interests of the goals you want to pursue.
- Openness. Be open-minded with a willingness to learn. Embrace counselling, don’t begrudge it. For change to happen, it first requires a deeper understanding of what it is that needs to change.
- Honesty. Be real. Take off your mask. Be transparent and truthful. Own your attitudes and actions.
- Find Positives. Acknowledge the positives. Seek to find a silver-lining even when life isn’t easy.
- Continue as long as it takes. Avoid putting a time-line on therapy. Resolutions may come quickly but sometimes it takes longer. Your self-care is about the most important investment you ever make and is the foundation for health, wellbeing, and a brighter future.
Get Help Today!
When anger is impacting your everyday life, then without professional help, there can be a ripple-effect that flows on to impact family members, friendships, finances, housing arrangements and careers. Timing really is everything, so get the help you need today. Move forward. Call now.
Get in Touch
Let us help you with appointment or therapy enquiries. Simply use the contact form below and you’ll be responded to promptly.
ROHAN WATSON is a member of the Australian Counselling Association and a general member of the International Association of Applied Neuroscience. He holds graduate and post-graduate qualifications in Psychology, Counselling and Education from Monash University and USQ, including a Master of Counselling (Advanced Practice) degree awarded with Distinction.
As a Psychotherapist, Counsellor and Mental Health Researcher, Rohan is dedicated to helping unlock the potential in people to live life happily and more purposefully. He provides specialist counselling and coaching help to people from all walks and seasons of life, face-to-face, and via phone or video-stream.
Rohan has also facilitated and delivered mental health programs across rural and remote Australia and provides professional psychotherapy services to employees at all levels nationally through EAP based services. In addition, he is a particularly sought-after and highly skilled Marriage Counsellor and Relationship Counselling specialist. His current research is focusing on early intervention mental wellbeing in the workplaces of Australian SMEs. Learn more.